You can now book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and see some of the information in your GP records, including medications and allergies online.
The surgery has a responsibility to look after your GP records. You must also take care online and make sure your personal information is not seen by anyone who should not see it.
Keeping your username and password safe
When you register to use Online Services, you will create your own username and password, which you will use to log in. You should not share your log in details with others.
To protect your information from other people:
- You should keep your password secret and it is best not to write it down. If you must write it down, keep a reminder of the password, not the password itself. This should be kept in a secure place.
- If you think someone has seen your password, you should change it as soon as possible. You may want to call the surgery if you are not able to change it right away, for example, when you do not have access to the internet.
- You should not share your user name or password. No one should force you to show them your log in details, you have the right to say no. If someone forces you, tell the surgery as soon as possible.
Using a shared computer
You need to take extra care when using a shared computer to look at your records online. This could be at the library, at work, at university or at home. To protect your personal information from others when using a shared computer.
- Look around to see if other people can see what is on the computer screen. Remember, your records contain your personal information.Look around
- Keep your username and password secret. Just like your bank account PIN you would not want others to know how to get into your records.
- Make sure you log out when you finish looking at your records so that no one else can see your personal information or change your password without your knowledge.
Incorrect information in your records
On rare occasions information in your records might be incorrect.
- If you find any incorrect information you should let the surgery know as soon as possible.
- If you see information about anyone else in your records, log out immediately and let the surgery know as soon as possible.