Suggestions and Complaints




Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treatment or care they have received at Pinhoe & Broadclyst Medical Practice.

We understand that we may not always get everything right and, by telling us about the problem you have encountered, we will be able to improve our services and patient experience.


Who to talk to

Please speak to a member of staff if you have a complaint; our staff are trained to handle complaints. Alternatively, please write to the complaint’s manager, Mrs Amy Taplin, Practice Manager, either by post to the address above, or via email to the surgery.

If for any reason you do not want to speak to a member of our staff, then you can request that NHS England investigates your complaint. They will contact us on your behalf:

NHS England
PO BOX 16738
B97 9PT


Time frames for complaints

The time constraint on bringing a complaint is 12 months from the occurrence giving rise to the complaint, or 12 months from the time you become aware of the matter about which you wish to complain.

The Practice Manager will respond to acknowledge all written complaints within three business days.

We will aim to investigate and provide you with the findings as soon as we can and will provide regular updates regarding the investigation of your complaint.


Investigating complaints

Pinhoe & Broadclyst Medical Practice will investigate all complaints effectively and in conjunction with extant legislation and guidance.



Pinhoe & Broadclyst Medical Practice will ensure that all complaints are investigated with the utmost confidentiality and that any documents are held separately from the patient’s healthcare record.


Third party complaints

Pinhoe & Broadclyst Medical Practice allows a third party to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide consent for them to do so. A third-party patient complaint form is available here.


Final response

Pinhoe & Broadclyst Medical Practice will issue a final formal response to all complainants which will provide full details and the outcome of the complaint. Further information is detailed in our organisation policy.


Further action

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from either NHS England or this organisation then you can escalate your complaint to:

Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)
Milbank Tower


Advocacy support